The Intersec Security, Safety & Fire Middle East Awards was launched last year marking the 20th anniversary of Intersec and on the 20th of September 2018, the winners were announced during a gala dinner at the Habtoor Palace.
On September 11, 2019, Intersec will once again present this prestigious Awards and honor those projects, products and companies for their excellence, outstanding performance, vision and achievements across the industry and region.
So mark Wednesday, 11 September 2019, in your diary now – and make sure you don’t miss out on this glittering ceremony and unparalleled networking evening!
2018 Intersec Awards Winners
Fire Alarm Detection of the Year: Cerberus DMS V3.0 by Siemens
Fire Suppression System of the Year: Kitchen Fire Suppression System by Swastik Synergy Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
Innovative Fire Protection Product of the Year: Velox Sounder & Flasher Range by Ateis Middle East FZCO
Access Control Product of the Year: Aperio H100 by ASSA ABLOY
Video Surveillance / Camera System of the Year: AXIS P3717-PLE by Axis Communications
Innovative Security Product of the Year: Tactilon Dabat by Airbus / Secure Land Communications
Large Scale Fire Project of the Year: Dubai Frame by WSP
Fire Project of the Year: Passenger Terminal Building Expansion Project Al Maktoum International Airport by Bin Touq Fire and Safety
Security Public Assembly Project of the Year: King Abdullah Economic City Hijaz Gate by SecuTronic
Security Public Assembly Project of the Year: Sheikh Zayed Sports City Stadium project by MVP Tech
Security Retail Project of the Year: The Dubai Mall Fashion Avenue by WSP
Security Infrastructure Project of the Year: ADMCC Abu Dhabi Safe City,which is an ADMCC & FLIR Collaboration and owned by Khalfan Matar Al Hassani
The Intersec Awards has 2 project and 6 product categories, each highlighting the importance of fire and security.
FIRE - Each of the FIRE product entries should demonstrate innovation, sustainability and how they overcame challenges and present the measurable benefits it brought to the industry.
- Fire Alarm Detection of the Year
- Fire Suppression System of the Year
- Innovative Fire Protection Product of the Year
SECURITY - Each of the SECURITY product entries demonstrate innovation, sustainability and how they overcame challenges and present the measurable benefits it brought to the industry.
- Access Control Product of the Year
- Video Surveillance / Camera System of the Year
- Innovative Security Product of the Year
Entries may be from any type: residential; retail; industrial; mixed-use; public assembly; mass transit; hospitality or any combination of uses and could either be a public or private sector project. The project must have been completed between 1st May 2018 – 30th April 2019.
Fire Project of the Year : This Award recognizes the consultant, contractor , project owner and other stakeholders that successfully evaluates , carries out the client’s needs, delivers the application and completion of effective fire safety initiatives of the project.
Security Project of the Year : This Award recognizes the consultant, contractor , project owner and other stakeholders that successfully evaluates and converts the vision of the client delivers the application and completion of effective security and safety initiatives of the project.
- Through these awards, your effort and success acquires international coverage and build global associations.
- Receive high profile national recognition and showcase your work to an international audience
- Winners will be able to access the reach of a global network where you will receive global and domestic coverage
- Ultimately, winning the award will set you apart from the competition and enable you to attract new business and talent
How to submit your nomination:
Step 1: We recommend viewing the Awards Information Pack for a quick overview
Step 2: Complete the online nomination form
Step 3: Choose the category you wish to enter (you can enter a project/product into more than one category)
Step 4: Upload the photos and write-ups about your submission
Judging process & judges
Intersec Awards follows 2-3 rounds of shortlisting processes. To maintain the transparency and integrity of the Intersec Awards, any jury member submitting their company project is not allowed to vote for the entire category. Here’s the process:
- All entries are reviewed and evaluated online by the judges.
- The top 7 entries from each category will be shortlisted and will be scheduled for Round 2 which will be an interview with the judges. Interview schedule to be announced at a later date.
Round 2/Final Meeting:
- Each shortlisted entry will be interviewed by the judges
- This will take place a few weeks before the awards ceremony
- Final scores will be collected from the jury and the winners will be announced on September 11, 2019.
2019 Judging Panel
General Terms & Conditions
- There is no limit to the number of entries.
- Some entries may qualify for multiple categories; if so, treat as separate submissions.
- All nominations must be submitted online.
- Nominations must be in English and received by 30 July 2019.
- Nominations must be clearly written, and remain within the submission guidelines.
- Written Owner / Client permission may be required.
- The organisers will not be responsible for nominations, which may be damaged, lost or mislaid in the post or otherwise.
- Messe Frankfurt shall have the right to verify the information provided in each submission, if required.
- Messe Frankfurt Middle East and the Jury reserves the right to alter the categories or re-allocate entries between categories, as they see fit.
- Nominations will be accepted in good faith and, notwithstanding any attempts to verify claims made in nominations, will be treated as true and accurate.
- Submission of entries indicates acceptance of the conditions of entry. In the event of any disputes or issues the decision made by the judges shall be deemed final. The organisers will not be obliged to justify their decisions or enter into any correspondence.
- By entering the awards competition, you authorize the use and / or reproduction of images and descriptions provided in relation to any editorial / advertising purposes initiated in conjunction with the the Intersec Security, Safety and Fire Protection Awards.